Monday 23 May 2011

It's official.

Take My Hand is now officially on hiatus over at Twilighted.net. I will continue to update it every Thursday on Fanfiction.net and I would like to take this opportunity to thank my readers over there for their continued support.

It's nothing personal, I just don't have the patience for that site. I'm too busy to spend three days trying to upload a chapter, only to have to wait a month for it to be validated.

Anyway, enough of all that...

So, what did you all think of Jasper's profile? Please let me know if you have any questions about him. Providing it wouldn't create any spoilers, I'll always answer them.

Charlie6859 asked: What sort of music does Jasper like? He never mentions it at all.


Okay, let me start off by saying, I refuse to fall in to that cliched trap of making Jasper a musician. Just because Jackson plays the guitar, doesn't mean Jasper has to. But, to answer the question, Jasper is as eclectic in his music as everything else.

He likes Indie and Rock music, but he's not into heavy metal. He likes old rock music, like the Beatles and Bruce Springsteen.

He's not into country music, it reminds him of Tom Hale.

His momma had an old collection of Jazz and soul records...Gershwin, James Brown, etc...but they disappeared after she died and he's never really listened to it since.

His favourite song - Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles.

His favourite album - Urban Hymns - The Verve.

He had an IPOD in Iraq for a while, one of the original ones. He was in New York in October 2001 visiting Ground Zero, and he bought it then.

It was his constant companion for a while, and he nursed it through sand storms and the like, but it eventually gave up the fight in 2004. Peter remarked once that he was never the same after that. Jasper responded by pushing him in the Euphrates, a river in Iraq.

These days, he uses Alice's when he goes running. He likes typical man music when he's exercising, rap and drum and bass.

Jasper doesn't play much music at home, he prefers the quiet. But he does enjoy watching Alice dance around the house when she has hers playing.

In fact, it's one of his favourite pastimes.

Please feel free to ask me more questions.

Until next time...enjoy the video.

koko

9 comments:

  1. Koko, I love you. The Verve? Hell yes to the English band!! I love that you used that..personal preference there. I can so imagine Jasper listening to The Verve, and singing? Good lord. Oh, and I love The Beatles! Listening to that song, too.

    I can imagine Jasper listening to indie and rock, as well. It's what LiOsper likes..so it must be typical Jasper or something, lol.

    Funny how music never really plays a part in a story, unless it's a main point for the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I don't like song lyrics in fics, too cheesy for my liking!

    I don't know much about American music and Jasper has been all over the world with a hugely diverse range of people. He's spent a lot of time with British SAS troops so it's totally conceivable that he would have come across this ICONIC album.

    And, he's around the right age, too. He's a year older than my brother.

    Gosh, that means, technically, he's 31 right now!

    Although, at the point in the story, he's just turned 27.

    I thought about country music, but I thought it would be too obvious, and little bit wimpy for Jasper. He's not lived in Texas since he was 9 years old, he only kept his Southern charm because his Momma told him too.

    Rose ditched hers years ago.

    Maybe that's why she's such a cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think he'd listen to country music..more than one reason why he wouldn't, like you said. You're right, too, he's been all over the world..he could easily have heard of The Verve.

    31? Maybe Jasper will have kids by 31? Oooh.. Sorry ;)

    *laughs* She's a cow 'cause she ditched the charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Twitter, Skype, text, email, PM, telephone, letter...now blog. How many ways are we gonna communicate?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just can't get rid of me, eh? Hahah. The only one left is face-to-face, lol, poor you :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soon, very soon. I'm coming to buy you lunch for your birthday. So there. *hides so you can't say no*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Koko!! I love your blog!! How did I not know you'd started one? Well, I found it now... ;o)

    So glad you're not going on hiatus on FF.net, too... I'd not like that at all! 'Take My Hand' will always be one of my fave stories, and your Jasper , one of my fave Jaspers.

    So glad I found this!!! :o*

    Many Blessings,
    Charli

    P.S. I agree with you, and Paula, Jasper wouldn't listen to country music... and I hate when lyrics are in stories for no reason, too. In my multi-chap, Jasper is a musician, he's 15... give him a break! :o) But he only sings in my imagination... and he doesn't look or sound like Jackson... tho I'd have no problem with that... xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, Charli!

    I have no problem with Jackson, either. He's just not butch enough to play this Jasper! Although, I think we've kinda got away with it with that manip on his profile page.

    ReplyDelete